You will be expected to provide leadership on financial matters to the Board and work closely with the Eastgate’s General Manager [Caroline Adam] ensuring that the Board is well briefed on the implications and risks associated with any major financial transactions or decisions.
You will not be expected to be involved in the day-to-day running of finances of the organisation – this is the job of the staff team. The Eastgate is a, small, thriving ambitious organisation that is gaining a great reputation for quality arts-based performances and creative programming alongside innovative community social engagement.
The Board currently meets in Peebles every six weeks. The annual turnover now exceeds £500k. Plans for major refurbishment to the auditorium are well advanced; almost all capital funds for this phase of the project are in place.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and monitoring financial resources to ensure they meet present and future needs.
- Keeping the Board aware of its financial duties and responsibilities.
- Analysing the financial performance and reporting the financial position at board meetings, ensuring awareness of the short term cashflow position and longer-term financial sustainability.
- Ensuring that appropriate financial controls and procedures are in place.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Advising on the financial implications of strategic plans, commercial activity etc.
- Advising on the fundraising strategy and sponsorships.
- Ensuring that the accounts and financial systems are audited as required by law.
- Liaising with the theatres’ auditors/independent examiners.
Applications are welcome from all but to enhance the diversity of the board we are particularly interested in hearing from people aged under 50.
If you would like to apply please send your CV or note of interest to Ian Jenkins [Vice Chair] firstname.lastname@example.org or, for an informal chat, telephone Ian on 01721 720528
The closing date for notes of interest is Friday 21 September. Interviews in Peebles on Monday 8 October.